Vitrium™, maker of Protectedpdf® DRM and document security software, has released a new version of its popular copyright protection software (version 5.4) allowing Enterprise users the ability to limit the number of prints within the HTML5 web viewer.
Vancouver, BC (PRWEB) April 07, 2015
The new print control function allows Enterprise administrators, who send secure documents via the web link, the ability to restrict the number of times a user can print the document - providing better copyright protection and control over end uses.
To find out about the new print limiting features for Protectedpdf®, go here:
With its next release this spring (version 5.5), Vitrium introduces AES 256bit military grade encryption for greater document security. Organizations that must meet strict compliance and governance obligations will be able to use Protectedpdf’s very strong AES 256bit encryption option without inconveniencing end-users with downloads, plugins and proprietary viewers.
This zero-footprint encryption option will be valuable to any document manager who has a need for maximum end-user uptake while still meeting good governance for sensitive documents that have any chance at all of travelling outside of the perimeter.
Protectedpdf’s new strong document security features will be available within the HTML5 web linked document, accessed by any modern browser on any device, and are set to include:
1. Full 256-bit encryption for web linked documents in both online and offline mode
2. Complete security for online documents
3. Offline document encryption to ensure the best possible security – preventing unauthorized copying to other devices
4. Content is encrypted by the server prior to sending it to the client
5. End-user must have the correct decryption key in order to access content
6. Strongest brute force attack prevention (1.1 x 10^77 possible key combinations)
7. One-time hashing the user’s password
“Our customers trust us to provide the very best document protection possible while minimizing impact on end-users. This new security feature available via our web link technology will provide more customers with what they need – document protection at the highest level. We're very excited to make this commitment to our customers, and service new markets that understand the need to secure documents on the move.”
- Chris Butlin, President & CEO, Vitrium Systems Inc.
Interested in Protectedpdf document security? Need integration with your systems? Find out more.
Get the latest product updates, company news, and special offers delivered right to your inbox
© 2020 VITRIUM